I have given in person and virtual talks at many institutions, large and small, including:
- Brandeis University
- Duke University
- University of California Santa Barbara
- CUNY Graduate Center
- University of Oregon
- University of Alaska, Fairbanks
- University of South Florida
- University of Maryland
My workshops are tailored to the specific needs of the audience–contact me to inquire about details and rates.
*1.5 hour Skype workshop or webinar for departments or student groups.
*1.5-2 hour Skype workshops or webinars for departments, graduate colleges or advising centers.
I am available for in-person workshops in 2-hour, 4-hour, and all-day formats.
Hacking the Academic Job Market
- Hacking the Academic Job Market (can include interview role play if an in-person event)
- Graduate School As a Means to a Job (includes academic and post-ac content)
- How To Write an Academic Job Application–Cover Letter, CV, Teaching Statement, Research Statement
- How to Write Successful Grant and Postdoc Applications
- Campus Visits
- Negotiating Your Tenure Track Offer
Surviving the Tenure Track
- Surviving Your First Year on the Tenure Track
- Managing Your Career Once You Have a Job
- Building Your Tenure File
- Finding Mentors, Mentoring Others
- Seeking Your Second Job
- The Foolproof Grant Template–How to use it, Why it works
- How to think like a selection committee
- The Hero-narrative of grant-writing
- Adapting and tailoring applications
The Non-Academic Track
- Non-academic jobs for Ph.D.s
- Deciding when to make the jump
- Crafting a job application for a non-academic job
Hands-On Training for Programs/Advisors in Ph.D. Advising Resources and Methods
- What graduate advisors and programs need to do right now to help their students
- The most common Ph.D./grad school advising pitfalls
- Preparing Ph.D.s for non-academic work
- The best resources for grad school/Ph.D. advisors
Please contact me at email@example.com to discuss your specific group’s goals and needs and to discuss rates. I enjoy working with groups and am happy to tailor my presentation to your interests.
A Workshop Testimonial:
“I just wanted to thank you for your workshop on Interviewing and Overcoming the Imposter Syndrome. I honestly have never attended such a meaningful and helpful workshop to prepare for the job market. So many aspects of the workshop were helpful, but to name a few:
- The amount of detail on the content we should include in our interview answers (and other job documents).
- Providing actual examples/templates we could use to model how to frame our interview answers.
- Providing specific content for most major interview questions and required documents.
- Strategies on how to shift our beliefs about our abilities.
- Suggestions on how to reframe responses to sound more authoritative. You definitely understand our “positionality” and how we can quickly shift to the role of a professor without having to take years of real world experience to get there.
- Finally, all your advice on understanding the nuances and politics of academia.
I feel like I could go on and on, but this was definitely the most helpful advice I have received in my academic career. Next year, they need to give you a whole day!”