I have given in person and virtual talks at many institutions, large and small, including:
- Brandeis University
- Duke University
- University of California Santa Barbara
- CUNY Graduate Center
- University of Oregon
- University of Alaska, Fairbanks
- University of South Florida
My workshops are tailored to the specific needs of the audience–contact me to inquire about details and rates.
*1.5 hour Skype workshop or webinar for departments or student groups.
*1.5-2 hour Skype workshops or webinars for departments, graduate colleges or advising centers.
I am available for in-person workshops in 2-hour, 4-hour, and all-day formats.
Hands-On Training for Job Candidates in Academic Job Market Preparation
- The 6 things every Ph.D. needs to know when preparing for the market
- How to prepare for the academic job market from your first year of graduate school
- How to craft your cv, job letter, and teaching statement
- How to think like a search committee
- The core elements of an academic interview
- Demonstrating tenurability
- The Foolproof Grant Template–How to use it, Why it works
- How to think like a selection committee
- The Hero-narrative of grant-writing
The Non-Academic Track
- Non-academic jobs for Ph.D.s
- Deciding when to make the jump
- Crafting a job application for a non-academic job
Hands-On Training for Programs/Advisors in Ph.D. Advising Resources and Methods
- What graduate advisors and programs need to do right now to help their students
- The most common Ph.D./grad school advising pitfalls
- Preparing Ph.D.s for non-academic work
- The best resources for grad school/Ph.D. advisors
Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your specific group’s goals and needs and to discuss rates. I enjoy working with groups and am happy to tailor my presentation to your interests.