I put this on FB today; I was asked to share it off FB for those who have left that platform for their mental health. I can get behind that, so here is a special post. It will not include updates, which I’m doing on the FB post, and are also arriving in comments from readers there.
The list of schools that I have been told have reported hiring freezes is below, and continues in the comment thread. *I cannot vouch for the accuracy or specifics of this information for every institution listed.* Please note hiring freezes can take different forms; many will be honoring any verbal offers already extended, but not all.
U of Nevada
Western Michigan U.
Bradley (in IL)
U of Waterloo
U of Oklahoma
U of Utah
U of Dayton
Colorado school of mines
Texas Womens U
U of Louisville
Los Rios Community College
Federal science agencies in Canada
Rochester Institute of Technology
High Point U
U Alabama, Birmingham
University of Maine at Farmington
Cal State System
- #Dispatches: COVID Career Impacts, 3 – Emotional Impacts
- Tenured Faculty Member Says Quiet Part Out Loud
- #Dispatches: How Has COVID19 Impacted Your Career Planning, Part I: Leaving the Academy
- Writing a Zine In a Pandemic – BIPOC Guest Post
- #Dispatches: How Many Jobs In Your Field & What Will You Do?