[We continue to solicit #BLM guest posts. We pay $150 for accepted posts. 1000 words ballpark; profanity welcome. Please send a draft or query/pitch to Karen at firstname.lastname@example.org]
Video by Trinity C. Johnson (Bio and pic below)
Trinity C Johnson, MPH, was raised in Atmore, AL. She holds a BA in Psychology from Stetson University, and a MPH from Rollins College. While pursuing her MPH she taught middle school math for two years with Teach for America in Orlando, FL. She is currently a second year PhD student at the University of Central Florida studying Integrative Anthropological Science with a concentration in medical anthropology. Her research has a specific concentration of maternal health access for Black women in rural America. She plans to complete her dissertation in her hometown of Atmore and in Birmingham, AL through completing an ethnographic study on healthcare utilization and comparing healthcare infrastructure of the cities. Along with her academic work, she is a diversity, equity and inclusion expert. She has created and facilitated DEI trainings for 3 years professionally.
Note from Karen: Trinity and I discussed potential risks of putting this content online and she confirmed her commitment.
- Taking Action as a Young Professional during Straining Times – #BLM Guest Post
- When “Diversity” Feels Like a Trap: The Palestine Exception – WOC Guest Post
- for colored folks who have considered suicide when cookies and academia were not enough – #BLM Guest Post
- Knowing When to Leave: Lessons from an Academically Unaffiliated Life – WOC Guest Post
- Silenced By My Peers – #BLM Guest Post